Add To Favorites
Auburn announces winning entries from Veterans Parade
Auburn Reporter - 11/24/2022
Auburn's 57th annual Veterans Parade and Observance route on Nov. 5 was lined with supporters waving American flags, saluting, and shouting appreciation to veterans and active military personnel.
On Nov. 9, the city announced the winners among the 174 entries, which included military, ROTC units, veteran service organizations and many bands. An all-veteran panel of three judges decided the winners in the six award categories. The most prestigious award is the General's Award for best in parade.
This year's winners are as follows:
• General's Award, best in parade: Sumner High School Spartan marching band
• Admiral's Award, best military entry: Auburn Mountainview High School Army Junior ROTC
• Memorial Award to Harold Page, best veteran service organization entry: United States Submarine Veterans Inc.
• Colonel's Award, best motorized entry: Old Coots on Scoots, Chapter 50
• Veteran's Award, best non-motorized entry: Washington State American Gold Star Mothers
• Mayor's Award, best musical or drill entry: Ballard High School marching band
This parade is the focal point of numerous veteran-related events in Auburn. Military and veterans' units, military vehicles and equipment, marching bands, antique cars and community groups all took part in this year's parade. The national anthem was sung to mark the beginning of the parade, which coincided with the King County Sheriff's Department's UH-1H Huey helicopter flyover.
Next year's event is Nov. 11, 2023.